<$BlogRSDUrl$>

arcana imperii :: the book of j

17.7.04

«y'allbonics»

not to be outdone by the push for ebonics in california, the southern association of colleges & schools is requesting millions of federal dollars to teach «y'allbonics» in all classrooms south of the mason-dixon line.

here are some examples which any southerner would certainly be happy to explain further:

heidi:greeting.
hire yew:remainder of greeting. usage: "heidi, hire yew?"
bard:past tense of the infinitive "to borrow." usage: "my brother bard my pickup truck."
jaw'juh:the state north of florida. its capital is lanner. usage: "my brother from lanner, jaw'juh bard my pickup truck."
bammer:the state west of jaw'juh. its capital is berminhayum. usage: "a tornader jes went through bammer an' left $20M in improvements."
munts:a calendar division. usage: "my brother from jaw'juh bard my pickup truck, ann'ah ain't herd from him in munts."
thank:cognitive process. usage: "ah thank ah'll have a coke."
ranch:a tool used for tight'nin' bolts. usage: "ah thank ah leff my ranch in'eh back of that pickup truck my brother from jaw'juh bard a few munts ago."
all:a petroleum-based lubricant. usage: "ah sure hope my brother from jaw'juh puts all in my pickup truck."
far:a blaze. usage: "if my brother from jaw'juh don't change the all in my pickup truck, that thing's gonna catch far."
tar:a rubber wheel. usage: "ah hope that brother of mine from jaw'juh don't git a flat tar in my pickup truck."
tire:a tall monument. usage: "lord willin' and the creek don't rise, ah sure hope to see that eiffel tire in pars sometime."
retard:to stop working. usage: "mah grampaw retard at age 65."
farn:not domestic. usage: "ah cuddin't unnerstand a wurd he sed. must be from some farn country."
did:not alive. usage: "he's did, jim."
are:a colourless, odourless gas; oxygen. usage: "he cain't breathe give 'im some are!"
bob war:a sharp, twisted, metallic cable. usage: "boy, stay away from that bob war!

via andymatic via mezzanine.nu.